Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Seriously?

My primary motivation for moving into a house asap? Aside from no more shared walls and having a private yard, I want my own washer and dryer. For those of you who have your own set, don't take it for granted. I know I have in the past. Now I get to deal with unavailability, lint-covered lollipops stuck to the bottom of the washer and dryer, homeless squatters leaving doodies on dryer sheets in the middle of the laundry room floor, and the socially inept who reside in the neighboring units. (Our neighbors who know really good food are, of course, remit of this rant.)

After a seemingly long day at the office (I'm not a fan of this time-change and getting home in the dark) I went to transfer my laundry from the washer into the single coin-operated dryer of my apartment complex. At this point I discovered that the slots in which you insert quarters is jammed and stuck inside the dryer. Seriously?? No note, no nothing, just jammed. If there had been a notice I wouldn't have bothered with laundry since all I really wanted to do was slip into my sweatpants and veg in front of the tube. Now I'm stuck with a sopping wet load of laundry that I have to cart to a local laundromat and seething resentment towards the thoughtless fucktard that (they don't deserve a "who") jammed the dryer and didn't bother to do anything about it. You see, when I called my landlord at 7:30 pm I preempted my complaint with a "Has anyone contacted you about the dryer?" and she knew nothing about it. UGH.


No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow