Friday, November 13, 2009

Me vs. the Machine

I really messed my hand up this morning. You know that bar that fits across the treadmill that people look ridiculous clinging to when walking on a too-steep incline? Yeah, that one. That's the one I smacked my hand into and it hurt like a mother.

Per my fitness regimen, I had the treadmill on a 6.5 incline and was in the zone running at 10.0 mph. I guess the high incline combined with me leaning as if running uphill brought my hand to the perfect height for a fist-meets-treadmill smackdown. Despite my earbuds blasting Madonna, I could still hear the resounding THWOP! the impact created. I saw people look over. I grimaced, cursed, but kept running. During my walking intervals I watched the top of my hand start to puff up and turn red, then a lovely shade of green, blue, and purple. Later, when I went to the locker room and ran my hand under cool water I noticed I was bleeding from some tiny scratches the impact made. Great.

Looks like the machine won that round, but I'll be back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ouch! hm.............hurt like a mother??

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow