Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mindy Knows Garlic Potato Wedges

Aside from garlic mashed potatoes, baked garlic potato wedges are one of my favorite sides to accompany my homemade meatloaf. Shrek and I have mastered two versions, what we refer to as Italian and Traditional. Here we go!


Traditional Ingredients:
Russet Potatoes. I estimate 1 potato per person. We used 4 in the photos below.
Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic (a clove per potato/person)
Sea Salt
Ground Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper
Paprika
Coriander (dried cilantro)


Garlic-Cheese-Italian Ingredients:

Russet Potatoes. I estimate 1 potato per person. We used 4 in the photos below.
Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic (a clove per potato/person)
Sea Salt
Ground Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper
Coriander (dried cilantro)
Parsley
Shaved Romano and Parmesan Cheese


Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Wash potatoes whole. 
Leave skin on and cut into fry shapes (see photos)
Place in bowl and drizzle olive oil
Sprinkle remaining ingredients, applying generously





Once over is to temp, place fries in a single layer on your pizza stone or cookie sheet. I recommend a pizza stone like this one. We got ours at Sur la Table on Santana Row.


Bake for 20 minutes checking sporadically for browning. To crisp fries, broil for an additional 5 minutes.






Buon Appetito! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok...your meatloaf recipe is the same as mine...but tried the 'fries' last night...they were GREAT! i could eat 10lbs. of these!!!!

MindyKnows said...

Yay! So happy to hear you tried the recipe and like it!

sarımsak hapı zayıflama said...

All meals are rich in vitamin a garlic flavor and adds a natural antibiotic and he is good in my swine flu

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow