Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Caved

After much debate, I picked up Frye's Melissa Button Boot at Nordstrom on Sunday. I'm so glad I did! The boots look a lot like Frye's Melissa Riding Boot which I tried on at Bloomingdales and loved, except mine are (still exorbitantly priced but) $50 less. Plus, no shipping fee and no wait time (had I gone through the Frye or Zappos websites). I've already worn them to work twice and they are so so comfortable - a must for all shoe purchases! And, hey, I can feel the gas pedal when I drive.

I think I am also slowly but surely wearing Shrek down, convincing him that it's okay for Santa to leave me a bundle of cash to go towards my early-bird Christmas present. ;)




Melissa Button Boot by Frye 

I paired them today with a casual BCBG dress from two seasons ago, Gap black leggings ($10), and a black silk boyfriend blazer ($88) I ordered from Victoria's Secret last Fall. Though, looks like they still have it available this season.









Spoken like a true shoe-aholic except that I mean it: I am done now. I swear. Actually, black riding boots were the final pieces to complete my wardrobe. After a serious purge of the old closet, I made note of the key pieces I was missing and only gave myself permission to purchase those. Now, I can focus on my Christmas shopping for others. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! i just returned from nordie's shoe dept. and was thinking of you the enire time! i got a pair of stuart weitzman boots (35% off) but still high priced and i feel guilty!
and NO...SANTA CANNOT GIVE EARLY CASH PAYOUT FOR GIFTS! THAT'S JUST WRONG!!

Anonymous said...

hi what size are you? im a size 7 and everyone keeps saying it is half a size larger if you would kindly get back to me thanks!!

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow