Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pizza Antica FTW

That's Pizza Antica For The Win.

Out of all the eateries on Santana Row, I can say with confidence that Pizza Antica is my favorite. I don't eat there too often because it is rather expensive, but the flavors are top notch as is the quality of their food and service. Our server last night, Lloyd, provided an impeccable dining experience despite the unnecessary crowding towards the end. He was familiar with each dish we asked about, provided recommendations, and kept the wine and water flowing.



If you've never been, I highly recommend nabbing a table outside on the sidewalk for people watching (yes, even as November draws to a close I dined outside last night!) and ordering the following. You won't be disappointed!


Young field greens with roasted pine nuts on a piadini. $8.75
Tossed in light, flavorful olive oil with roasted pine nuts and served on an oven toasted piadini brushed with fresh garlicky herbs. Half portion pictured.


Cup of Butternut Squash Soup. $5.95
I personally did not care for this, but Shrek certainly liked it!


Handmade Potato Ricotta Gnocchi. $13.95
Served in a pesto and sun-dried tomato cream sauce. Fantastic, as always! Love that they pan-sear the gnocchi.


Pizza Antica #4: Spicy fennel sausage, portobello mushroom, roasted onion and garlic. $17 for a large.
SO YUM. I ate three slices for breakfast this morning.

If you're keeping tabs, that's $45.65. Not bad, but then we also had a carafe of the Vigonier ($27) and a cappuccino ($3.25) bringing our grand total to a whopping $95 with a 20% tip. Eep! That's enough for food for a week! But, the experience and memory last a lifetime, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you that you'd love it!!! We have to go again before we leave... this time, we'll sit together :) - pauline

MindyKnows said...

Definitely! We still need to get you and Fred to Village Cafe, too. Maybe a progressive? :D

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow