Saturday, November 7, 2009

Kiss the Cook

I distinctly remember the very first time Shrek came over. We were sitting on my couch drinking some wine and at the point we decided it was time to think about dinner, he strode into my little kitchen, took quick stock of my fridge's and pantry's contents, and then proceeded to create a wonderful meal out of seemingly nothing! Last night he did the same. (Thank you, Mama Shrek. You taught him well!) 

After a few glasses of wine, we decided to forgo the sushi date we'd planned on to, instead, light some candles and stay in. Shrek surveyed what is now our fridge and our pantry and quickly assembled a chunk of leftover meatloaf, garlic, red onion, black olives, chili flakes, a bottle of pasta sauce, a couple of tomatoes, and a box of linguine. "How do you feel about Bolognese?" Uh, YU-UMM!!! 

And my job? Shrek instructed me to snip a handful of basil from our balcony's make-shift garden and keep the wine flowing. 


Enjoying the wine I picked up on my recent Sonoma visit


Last night's Bolognese a la Shrek. It was molto delicioso! 


A few other homemade dishes a la Shrek...

Homemade ravioli:






Manicotti:



















Enchiladas:



Filet Mignon with corn and asparagus:







I guess you could say that the way to my heart is through my stomach.

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow