Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Purrcasso Talent

Directly following our incredible lunch at La Pastaia on Saturday, Shrek and I scooted up to Rockridge for Happy Hour at Jetsetter's before progressing to Berkeley. In Berkeley, our - being Shrek, Jetsetter, Jetsetter's cousin, A., and moi - ultimate destination was the pet-friendly art fest fundraiser, Purrcasso. The big draw for us was that this year's event was co-chaired by theMaykazine's boyfriend, the talented Bill Robinson. (Decided to just use his name since, hey, I'm linking you to his website.)

For details on the event, I've copied the Facebook invitation here:


The creations on display were magical! The following are a few of my favorites plus links to the artists' individual webpages. Make sure to check out the links, Bill's especially. He shares technique as well as other pieces he's created. Links to his fellow artists' personal webpages are also available so you can see the upcoming events they're attending in order to start your own collection of their work! (Please contact me if there is any issue with my posting these photos from Purrcasso. My intention certainly isn't to infringe on anyone's rights to their work; I simply want to share my admiration for and commend their creativity and talent!)


Curious Cat (Terrified Bird) by Bill Robinson


Curious Cat (Terrified Bird) by Bill Robinson


Heh. The pup on the far right reminds me of my dad :)






I love this piece and would love to know who the artist is and if they've got a webpage





A. collecting her newly acquired artwork. 
It resembles her own pup in the photo below.


A's real-life pup at Oakland's Eat Real
Summer 2009






Jetsetter's vino. 
All proceeds benefited the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society. 


No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow