Thursday, November 5, 2009

Construction

My blog has been undergoing a transformation these past few days. Being the minimalist that I am - at least in terms of aesthetics - I wanted a clean look to better highlight my writing and photos. I think I finally achieved that, but no promises that it will stay this way for too long!

By the way, I'm really loving my new header font. It's called Honey Script and you can download it free for personal use with Windows or Mac by visiting the link. Since I'm not making any money off my posts, I'm assuming the blog is still regarded as personal and not commercial and it's okay to feature the font, but holler at me if I'm wrong. I came across Honey Script last night in an emailed attachment. With the little HTML know-how I have, I was able to open the document's coding and find the font name, Google a download site, add the font to my library, and create my header in MS Word. All that just to take a desktop photo (shift+command+4 on a Mac) to upload here. Most likely there is a more simple way of going about creating a personalized header, but at any rate, Voila!


No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow