Friday, November 20, 2009

Fate

Well looky what I found last night!




Me modeling the infamous jacket.
(Sorry for the low quality photos. I really need to start carrying my camera around!)

If you follow my blog you know that I am slightly obsessed with this Barbour hunting jacket. See here and here. Oh, and here.

Don't worry, Dad. My bank account is still intact. I walked away empty handed. It was just fun to actually see this in person after no luck finding it even on Barbour's website. Turns out it's because there are only three - THREE! - of this particular style jacket in stock in the entire United States and I just happened to be dragged into a store that has one of them. Orvis isn't traditionally my style and if it weren't Shrek's and I wasn't the great, accommodating girlfriend that I am, I never would've stepped foot inside to discover that they carry my Barbour jacket. Oh, and hey, the jacket's categorized as "Menswear." I'd been searching "Womenswear"on Barbour.com all along. No matter, I'd still make it work even if it is six sizes too big!

Shrek chalks it up to fate. I think it's just cruel to have it so close, yet so far out of reach. :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thankfully you have some sense!

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow