Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mom's Chicken Normandy

It's just beginning to feel like Fall here in Northern California with nighttime temps dipping into the high 30s/low 40s and daytime highs hovering around 65 degrees. To celebrate, Shrek and I cooked up a divine chicken apple dish last night. The recipe is a favorite from my childhood and my mom was kind enough to type it up and email it off to me.

The pre-baking part took a little TLC, what with the browning and sauteing. But once it was in the oven, all we had to do was sit back, sip our wine, and let the savory aroma of apples and chicken baking in a white wine, garlic, onion, butter, and dijon cream sauce fill our apartment and noses.





It was so good I had it again for breakfast this morning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks so good I think I'll do it tonight!

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow