Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Seriously?

Dining outside on Santana Row always provides colorful entertainment.

Cats walked down the sidewalk on leashes? Check.
Babies walked down the sidewalk on leashes? Check.
Drunk boyfriend has arm around equally drunk girlfriend and walks her smack into a large spiky-looking palm? Check.

Like I said, colorful stuff here and some wicked insight into the human psyche. Most times I'm left asking, WTF, folks?

Last night, Shrek and I were seated outside of Pizza Antica enjoying our dinner when a car pulled up and parked outside of the restaurant on the street. It was hard to miss because it took the driver about eight tries to parallel park. Three women got out and made their way down the row. Next thing I know, I'm watching some random dude wander over to the car with his girlfriend. They are waiting for a table with two other couples but broke off to look at something on the guy's mobile. Random dude plants his ass on the edge of the hood and the girl leans against him while they browse his phone for the following 10 minutes or so. Mind you, this is not his car and I see no sign left by the car's owner that reads "Please sit on me."

The couple eventually join the rest of their party and move right up against our table and Shrek. Totally unnecessary when there is an entire sidewalk open as far as the eye can see. Their backs are to us. They are so close I can reach across Shrek to give the young woman a little pinch on the hiney. I don't. Though, Shrek has to refrain me from telling the girl to "Kindly remove your ass from my cappuccino." Fortunately, they are seated soon thereafter. Some people, I tell ya!

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow