Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Hunt

Does anyone else run into this conundrum? Something appealing catches your eye online or in print but there's nothing in the caption to indicate how to make it your own.

As mentioned in a recent post, I want this white chaise!



Unfortunately, my curiosity regarding the affordability and availability of this piece has not yet been satisfied. On the contrary, it's only grown since I noticed that the chaise's legs resemble those in Nate's affordably-priced furniture line designed exclusively for the Home Shopping Network (HSN). I started my search there, but no luck. Googling various combinations of Nate Berkus + chaise + Glamour Magazine + studio + interior design? No luck. After searching high and low it finally came down to me calling Nate Berkus Design headquarters in Chicago. Yes, I really did.

I have no idea if they get many like calls or will even take the inquiry seriously. However, they were quite nice and allowed me to leave a voice mail inquiry. Let's see how this goes.

Next up I want to find where and for how much I can make this coat my own.


Though, I have a sinking feeling it's going to be more than the chaise. The interior lining looks awfully Burberry-esque. (Checked their website but it's not there.)

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow