Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mindy Knows Boots





Received a nice request from my cousins via Facebook this week:



I think they're talking about these boots:



Me with my mom at Chateau St. Jean in Sonoma, CA
October 2009
As I mentioned in my Backyard Tourists post, I may have indulged in a wee bit of shopping while on our weekend getaway.... My "all-weather" boots from last year, a pair of black knee-highs by Steve Madden I picked up at my local DSW for $99, are already a mess. With the way I wear(out) boots and Steve's craftsmanship, I am going to require something more substantial this season.


Enter my new Frye boots from Nordstrom. And by boots I'm talking boots-plural.


Aesthetically they are everything I was looking for - slightly rugged, timeless, flat, comfty and durable - but the price point is steep: $277 and $217 apiece. 










In the end, I look at it as an investment. Frye's rep rides on creating a solid, classic boot-boot. (View their complete line of boots here.) Therefore, instead of shelling out $100 each Fall, these boots - according to all three Nordstrom sales associates whom assisted me on the three separate occasions I tried them on - should last me at least 29 years. Check back with me in 2038. Plus, they are super versatile which is a must for me. I've already paired them with my skinny jeans, leggings, skirts, and dresses! Another reason it's an investment? My time. I lost count of how many boots I tried on and how many hours I lost to online and window shopping. As I mentioned above, it took 3 visits to Nordstrom alone. 

* * *
If you follow my blog, you already know that I returned a pair. It was the black Harness boots. They were a little too rugged for me -- they were heavy and I couldn't feel the gas or brake pedal while driving which made me avoid wearing them. Not good!

Am still loving the maple-colored pair, probably even more so now after gallivanting around the Sonoma wineries and San Francisco; they're completely broken-in and super comfy. The soles are scuffed up and no longer slippery and I love how Frye incorporated the zipper as part of the design by placing it on the outside instead of the inside of the boot. 

Though have put myself on a little budget, I am still on the hunt for a black pair. Will keep you updated!
 * * *

Comments via Facebook:



No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow