Thursday, October 8, 2009

Vodka Showdown Results (Updated Friday)

I got a text midday from Jetsetter asking what I was up to tonight. Truth was, I had aspirations to recreate last Thursday's evening in with good tunes, a couple a vodka tonics, and blogging. Really.





The current cozy scene in my apartment. Shrek's setup faces left, mine right. Diplo and Sublime are on tonight's playlist.

I've discovered that, despite this #*%^$& keyboard, I am highly productive with a few drinks in me - when it comes to blogging. I don't know if you've spotted it, but if you look closely in some of the photos I post you can play "Spot the drink." Like here and here. Oh, and here. I won't ruin the fun for you and point out the others.

Not wanting to be an alchy or a nerd (the first I am definitely not, the latter is still up for debate), I told Jetsetter I was free tonight and asked what I was free for. Turns out I'm free for drinks at 8. How this fits into my "I found a great deal!" theme? Jetsetter initially suggested Santana Row, which is fine if you want to pay $10+ per not-so-great drink just to feel swanky. However, the desire was not there. (Remember, I was looking forward to sweatpants, not stilettos tonight!) Thus, I invited her over for a little vodka tasting.

* * *

The verdict? The Kirkland Vodka goes down smoooth and this girl can't distinguish a difference from the Grey Goose - when in a mixed drink. I swore they were the same. Jetsetter, having the more refined and less drunk palette, pointed out that when taking shots the Kirkland brand burns a little more. (Or was it the Grey Goose? I thought it'd be fun to perform a double-blind taste test.



Unfortunately, this means we can't say for certain which is better. Though Jetsetter is fairly positive Grey Goose comes out on top.) Since I think I'm past my shot-taking days (Jager shots don't count, right?) and am always looking to save a dollar, or in this case $15, Hello Kirkland Vodka!



Pic posted at 7 am the following morning. 


This was strictly mine and Jetsetter's handiwork as Shrek was out of commission with a nasty sinus infection and kept mostly to himself (and his WOW). He was also kind enough to put up with our Taylor-Miley-Christina-Peas playlist on repeat and drive us to McDonalds at the end of the evening.  Apparently, drinking copious amounts of vodka turns Jetsetter and me into 13 year olds. Gold star goes to Shrek!

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow