Friday, October 2, 2009

Apple of My Eye

I realize some of you love pampering yourselves with your $100+ salon visits, which is all good. But me? I prefer doing what I did yesterday. Got my hair cut n' styled at Mastercuts in Valley Fair for $16.95 + a $5 tip (been going there since I was a freshman at SCU!) followed by a trip to the Apple Store. There, I picked up a laptop elevator by Griffin ($39.99) and keyboard by Apple ($49.99). Check out my sexy new set up:




The stand does double duty:
1. It brings my screen up so I'm not so hunched over when I'm working and
2. Allows air to circulate to prevent overheating.

The keyboard mirrors that of my laptop's AND has 2 hidden USB ports (visible on photo of keyboard packaging above). One I use for my wireless mouse, the other for my camera.

**For those deterred by all the negative reviews on Amazon.com regarding laptops slipping off this stand, this is no longer an issue. Griffin added some hooks (visible in the first photo) based on user feedback. Am loving this setup except for the mouse, which is my fault. Since I already had a wireless mouse at home I passed on Apple's Mighty Mouse, saving $70 on my package. Am starting to reconsider, though, due to the lag I'm experiencing with my cursor.

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow