Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Vodka-off

Last night Shrek and I were making our ritual Tuesday evening Costco run. As we approached the checkout with our Costco-sized Grey Goose in cart, a Costco homeboy (dubbed so by Shrek) dashed by and hollered, "Get the Kirkland brand, man. It's the same as Grey Goose and it'll save you $15 to $20!"

Errrrrrrrk! (That's the sound of our cart screeching to a halt.)

"What's that?" Shrek hollers after the employee. The guy jogs back.

Nodding at our cart, he explains, "I used to buy the Goose, too, 'til I found out the Kirkland brand is the same in our packaging. I mean, I understand if you're giving it as a gift, but if it's just for you who cares about the bottle, you know?"


Amen to that! So we made the switch.

At checkout, not only did we save $15 but the cashier gave us a knowing grin. "So you know this is the same as Grey Goose, right?"



It looks legit: both brands are distilled 5 times over and bottled in the same region of France. Still, looks like a good excuse for a vodka-tasting. ;)



No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow