Monday, October 26, 2009

Movie Mania

My weekend started off social-enough with happy hour, dinner, and a movie double date on Friday. However, the remainder was rather anti-social as Shrek and I took full advantage of our new Netflix account. I managed to watch all 4 episodes of Gossip Girl Season 1 Disc 1 before 8 a.m. on Saturday (Hey, I was up at 5!) followed by the 3 episodes of Mad Men Season 1 on Disc 1. It was then, after blowing through our 2-discs out at a time limit, that I decided to explore Netflix's "Watch Instantly" on your computer feature.

WHOA, talk about movies and TV shows galore! Good stuff, too, with Showtime programming like Weeds. (Thanks for the suggestion, J!) Get this, all 4 seasons of Weeds are available to watch immediately on your computer, episode after episode. All you have to do is click on the little "next" arrow and the next episode starts. No buffering, no lag, and commercial-free. As of tonight at 9:42 p.m., we're already in the middle of Season 2.

For a more comfortable viewing experience, I hooked my MacBook up to our 50" TV and surround sound via a DVI-HDMI cable Shrek got on Amazon.com for $0.99! (Seriously, he paid $3.50 including shipping for a cable that is $40+ at Best Buy.) For the ultimate lazy weekend, I use my wireless mouse as a remote control.


The only downside? I can't surf the internet or blog while my computer's otherwise engaged.... Which explains why no posts went up yesterday!



Tip: to get your Mac's screen displayed on your TV, there is an extra step. After hooking up your laptop to your TV via a DVI-HDMI cable:

1. Go to System Preferences (under the Apple Icon)
2. Displays
3. Detect Displays
 * * *

10/28 update: Only Seasons 1 and 2 of Weeds can be accessed online to view instantly.

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow