Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oof

All that indulging/imbibing/gym slacking/Netflix viewing finally caught up to me last weekend when I noticed my favorite pair of skinny Citizens were a little too snug. Annoyed, I pulled my scale out, dusted it off (for reals!), and timidly hopped on. I was 119.8 - six pounds heavier than the last time I weighed-in back in October. Oof. That's quite a bit for just the past two months.

The good news is that I can write I was 119.8 pounds, because that was Monday. It's now Friday and I'm down to 115.8 leaving only two more pounds to go. My jeans are once again fitting comfortably and the mini Buddah belly I was developing? Gone! Gotta love how resilient the human body is. I didn't even have to do anything drastic aside from exercising my motivation and willpower. By that, I mean:
  • I started running again - my usual walk/run off and on for 10 mins
  • I made over breakfast: I traded in my usual waffles/peanut butter/syrup for a single packet of Quaker oatmeal (Maple and Brown Sugar is my favorite) and a Satsuma Orange. Okay, yesterday I slipped and ate two chocolate chip cookies instead, but they've got Quaker oats in them!
  • I kept my usual morning snack: yogurt sprinkled with granola and almonds or 1 Jimmy Dean D-light breakfast sandwich, hold half of the english muffin.
  • I made over lunch: so long to my beloved Tuscan Tomato Basil Soup from Safeway. The reason it was so good? 29 grams of fat per serving. Oof. Now I'm lunching on Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. Two grams of fat and 70 calories makes a big difference. I also really like Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers as far as microwave meals go. The Sweet Sesame Chicken is my favorite so far.
  • Afternoon snack: a handful of raw almonds and a Satsuma Orange
  • Dinner: I'm just watching portions more carefully. We had pasta and chicken on Monday. Went out for sushi on Tuesday. Shrek grilled shrimp and made pasta with an alfredo sauce Thursday night.
  • Drinks: Now this part is no fun, but I was a total teetotaler this past week; water, green tea, and the occasional skinny latte (to get me through the day) were my only drinks of choice. Sorry, folks, but it really makes a difference! Especially if you like sweets as much as I...
  • Dessert: I've been allowing myself a cookie or two a day. I even had a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Caramel Chunk last night while walking around Santana Row. It is the holidays, after all! 

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow