Saturday, December 19, 2009

Less is More

Case in point: my closet.

Since moving in 2+ years ago, I've been in the (slow) process of creating an oasis of some sorts out of my "closet." Really, it's the second bedroom of my two-bedroom apartment that I share with Shrek, but I managed to strong-arm him into the entire room to myself. Don't feel bad for him; he's taken over the entire dining table and transformed it into his personal entertainment/work space.

Shrek's dining room domain

Back to the closet. This is what the room looked like right after I moved in September of '07.









Yikes! Was it messy and cluttered! Now that I look back, though, it totally resembled my life at that time; my then husband and I had just separated for good and, well, my life was messy and cluttered.

Fast forward two years. Although the room's basic layout and large furniture remain in place, the room certainly has a more serene and polished look and feel. Those earlier photos just make me cringe.











I love the details of this handmade vase.
I picked it up at Cost Plus World Market for $30.
Flowers from Michaels. $50  Arranged by Shrek. $0.


Lamp from Pier 1 Imports. $50.
Blue curtains are from Pier 1 Imports. $80.
White curtains are from Ikea. $15.

 PS I still want this chaise!

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow