Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thumbprint Cookies Filled with Jam

Although I am a confessed Chocoholic, my mom's Thumbprint Cookies are still a holiday favorite of mine and require no chocolate whatsoever. 



Thumbprints front and center



Ingredients:


1 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup finely chopped nuts
about 1/2 cup preserves or jam


Directions:

  1. Combine butter and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.  Blend in  almond extract.  Add flour and salt; mix well.

Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into balls


Roll in nuts




Place on ungreased cookie sheets



 Indent centers. 
I know I said use your thumb before (hence the thumbprint), 
but a teaspoon dipped in flour ensures an even print each time


Fill with 1 scant tsp. jam


Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or just until lightly browned





Thumbprints front and center!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize that we rolled them in the nuts. And, using the utensil for the thumbprint is a great idea, especially since I have a cold. I've got the recipe on the counter and was going to make them with Morgan, but we didn't have time. Maybe I'll make them today (although my jeans don't zip currently::).

MindyKnows said...

Really? It is your recipe and it definitely calls for nuts. Though as you can see from the photos, I was out when I made my second batch. Either way, they are fantastic. Thanks, Mom!

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow