Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lesson Learned

Thanks to Christmas Break, I got a little too used to sleeping in and skipping my 5 a.m. workouts. Therefore, it was a shock to my system when my alarm went off Monday morning. My response? I immediately turned it off and slept in another 2 hours, telling myself I would go to the gym after work. The thing is, I have this complex where if I don't go first thing in the morning, it doesn't happen. Last night was no different.

8 p.m. rolled around and I still hadn't made it to the gym. Instead, I'd polished off some leftover Chinese food and was sitting on my couch, Facebooking, maybe or not eating a cookie or two, when my friend posted the following:



Yup, that's her posing in a bikini in a calendar. As you can see, I found my motivation to go to the gym. Unfortunately, the most difficult part of working out was not just getting out the front door. I couldn't remember the last time I did a p.m. workout and last night I was reminded why. I nearly lost my dinner while on the treadmill. Thrice. And at 10 p.m. after my workout I did not feel my normal reinvigorated and recharged self. Instead, I felt bloated and nauseous. Ew.

The only plus? I got to sleep-in this morning and get ready in a record 20 minutes since I showered the night before. Oh, and there's better TV programming on at the gym around 9 p.m. compared to the paid programming at 5 a.m.

Still, will be sticking to a.m. workouts from here on out.

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow