Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Which 'Wich Is Which?

Inspired by Los Gatos Gourmet's prosciutto sandwich with tomato basil soup, I made my own for lunch today. Can you tell which 'wich is which? 










Yeah, I realize the presentation gives it away, but if it came down to a blind-folded taste test I don't think you'd stand a chance!


**In photo 1, Tuscan Tomato Basil Soup by Safeway, prosciutto by Citterio at Costco, field greens by Earthbound Farms (also Costco), bread by Acme. Don't forget the homemade garlic aioli! 

Garlic Aioli Recipe:
Mayo+ finely minced garlic + a dash of lemon juice. Mmmmm!

Update 10/03/09: Made this for Shrek last night who has eaten quite a few of Los Gatos Gourmet's prosciutto sandwiches and loves them. The verdict? Mine is better!! Trust me when I say that this has nothing to do with the fact that he's getting laid by the chef. Shrek is quite opinionated when it comes to food and has told me in the past when my dishes suck and what I need to do to improve them. This time he said my garlic aioli made the sandwich pure awesomeness.

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow