Sunday, September 27, 2009

It Just Figures.


After ample online research courtesy of Best Buy, Costco, Amazon, Consumer Reports and CNet reviews I set out for Best Buy to play with my top choices. Ever the pragmatist, I eventually decided on upgrading to the Sony Cyber-shot DSC W230 (from my Cyber-shot DSC W70). 

With 12.1 mega pixels, 4.0 optical zoom, 3.0" LCD screen, face recognition, double anti-blur and optical steady shot image stabilization (see all specs here at Sony.com), I'm set! Best of all, staying in the Sony Cyber-shot family means I have an extra battery, USB, and memory card from my old camera.


Best Buy wants $230, Amazon.com $165, and Costco $180. I went with Costco since I could have it today and the price included an extra 2 GB memory card and case which was not included if I'd purchased from Best Buy and Amazon.com.


So, I get my new camera home, tear open the packaging and decide to transfer my old 2 GB memory card into my new camera. Out of curiosity I wondered if any photos remained on the old camera's drive. I turned it on and - wtf - it didn't start freaking out! In fact, it focused and I was able to point, shoot, and take a photo! I played with it some more, and it's working perfectly. It totally figures that I'd been trying to fix it off and on all day to no avail and finally once I open my new camera this one works again. Perfect, just perfect. Anyone need a camera??




No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow