Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Now Boarding: Flights for $15

Check it out: I paid less for my most recent flight from the Bay Area to Bellingham WA than I did for the taxi to the airport, and I only live 10 minutes away. Well, that is if you count that seats only were "$15 each way" via Allegiant Airlines.

Granted, if you'd like to reserve a seat, check a bag (carry on is free), or, you know, book online, they charge for each of those services. I think after booking online and checking a bag both ways + taxes + fees my flight was $70 total roundtrip. I still consider it a great deal since I usually fly via Southwest into SeaTac ($200+ roundtrip) and have to take a shuttle up to the Bellingham area anyways (another $50 round trip or something like that).

My Allegiant flight was on time and clean, the service was friendly.... The only drawback is their scheduling. They fly primarily into obscure airports (like Bellingham) and only on specific days of the week and at sporadic times. Other than that, I would definitely recommend them for a little weekend trip to visit the San Juan Islands or the Bay Area. (I also noticed flights from Bellingham to Vegas were $15 each way!)










No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow