Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sunset Over San Jose

Last night Shrek and I discovered a new place to perch and watch the sunset without having to drive all the way to Santa Cruz. And it's on Santana Row, of all places! I say this because even though it's part of a popular hoity-toity drinking destination, this little spot is still obscure and not as crowded. Therefore, I found it to be a lot more chill than most places on the row. (And notice I'm not naming my new place to watch the sunset, though you can probably guess if you're familiar with the vicinity.) 

I love the ambience: it's open air and live music drifts up from the courtyard 7 stories below. If it's your thing, they'll let you smoke cigars which Shrek informs me is rare even for an open air restaurant. The seating itself is comfty and cozy and the fire pits get going once the sun sets. 

It really quiets down around 9 pm, too, which is rare because on Santana Row things usually just get going around this time.

The price of admission? Shrek and I ordered two drinks, a mango mojito for me and a scotch of some sort for Shrek from their full bar = $19. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Makes me want to visit the Pacific Northwest......Opps......I already live there..........

Makes me realize how lucky I am............

L/K M

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow