Friday, July 17, 2009

Let's Go!

Roundtrip flights to Rome for $519?! Dublin for $309?! And from the West Coast! (It's even cheaper from the East.) I know, I know, I just got back from a 10 day vacation and I'm already daydreaming of jetting off to someplace tropical or European.... Hey, I'm only human! :)

Lately I've been receiving promo emails from the Travel Team in Seattle who helped put together my trip "Down Under" three years ago which featured me frolicking in Tahiti, Cairns, and Sydney for two weeks!

Camille with the Travel Team did a fantastic job securing solid rates on flights and hotels and ensuring that every last detail -- including ferrying from Papeete to Moorea in Tahiti and hotel picks ups to and from all airports -- was tended to before departure. All I had to deal with was the fun stuff: what to do and eat! (If you haven't already noticed, I'm a bit of a food fanatic.)


Their team consists of individuals who have spent extensive amounts of time traveling or even living in the lands in which they specialize. Therefore, they are the perfect resource for helping to decide where and 
what length to stay and what to do. I absolutely love that they tailor vacations to your individual preferences. For instance, I knew that if I visited Australia I wanted to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef. However, I had no idea which city I needed to stay in to do that. (Turns out it's Cairns up on the Gold Coast. And, Camille immediately informed me that the Aussies pronounce it "Cans - like cans of soup.") Anyways, when I called I gave them the dates I wanted to depart and return and what I wanted to see and do and they came up with a tentative itinerary for me to approve. (Check closely. A goof that actually comes to mind now is that Camille didn't account for gaining a day when we crossed the International Dateline flying back to the states which I caught and she immediately fixed.)

**The only thing I wish they would've recommended which I will suggest here is that if you're going to take advantage of the free stopover in Tahiti, do it on the way back. Tahiti, or at least where I stayed on the island of Moorea, has no nightlife outside of their incredible luaus. That, coupled with the fact that they're on Hawaiian time (only 3 hours behind my time), makes it an ideal place to luxuriously adjust back to our time after becoming accustomed to Australian time. 

Since, realistically, I don't have the days or immediate funds available, please, if you decide to take advantage of one of the Travel Team's offers, let me live vicariously through you and let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

Admin said...

Thanks Mindy! I signed up for their newsletter. I only wish I knew about their $980 first-class flights to Honolulu earlier! Oh well... Maybe I'll start saving for the Luxury Bora Bora vacation next!

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow