Friday, July 24, 2009

Worth Every Penny: Aveda's Smooth Infusion Styling-Prep Smoother


I'd tried everything: leave in conditioners, skinny hair serums, smoothing gels and multiple blow-drying and hair straightening tactics, but my hair never felt quite right after applying any of these methods. I'm Asian-American and supposedly should have this fine, silky straight gorgeous head of Asian hair, but mine was all dry and poofy. Finally, Tuesday, I found the solution on a random trip to Aveda with my friend. 

"Wow, you have Asian hair!" was Shrek's reaction as he ran his hand through my hair after I applied a sample of Aveda's Smooth Infusion Styling-Prep Smoother the next morning. For the first time in 10 years I didn't flat iron my hair to wear it down. I just blow dried it and skipped off to work. I can't stop running my own hands through my hair, either. It's so silky and light! And I love how it falls just so, just right, with hardly any effort in the morning. 

Yikes, I sound like an infomercial. But, seriously, this is the best hair product and completely worth the money. I immediately made a return trip to Aveda and picked up a full size, 3.4 fl.oz. ($26 in-store. Though, if you're not ready to make the $26 commitment, just go in and ask for a sample. The location I went to in Valley Fair Mall had tons and was more than happy to send me home with some which I just added to the full size bottle after I made my purchase.) 

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow