Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Scenic Route, Here I Come!

I was the fortunate recipient of a 1989 Nissan Maxima when I turned 16 (in 2000) and a 1999 Honda Accord when I graduated from college (in 2006).  A few months ago, however, after pouring I-don't-even-want-to-know-how-much money into maintaining the Honda just so that it wouldn't break down (which it did a few times near the end - each time in moving traffic!), I took the plunge and purchased my first car. 

If you're in the market for a used Infiniti, Lexus, BMW or the like, I would definitely check in with James at Axiom Auto Group where I purchased my car - a 2007 pearly-white Infiniti G35 Journey Edition! He's in a bit of an obscure location off 101 but has a beautiful collection which he buys at auction. Most importantly, he's got THE BEST prices I could find around for these cars. Check out his current inventory here.

Initially, my dad, with whom I consult on practically every major "investment," had a few reservations when I announced I'd "found my car!" at a "used car place." Me, too, actually. It just seemed too good 
to be true. It only had something like 34,000 miles on it, a clean Car 
Fax, was diligently maintained according to service records, and remains under factory warranty until December 2010. Not only did it come with everything I was looking for - quick acceleration, leather seats, bluetooth, a 6-cd changer (in my last car the tape deck didn't even work!) African rosewood instead of a metal finish, keyless everything - but the best part? Shrek and I have our own keys which the car is programmed to recognize. Shrek is about 6'3 and I'm 5'6. When Shrek walks up to the driver's side of the car with his key in his pocket, the car automatically adjusts everything - mirrors, seat, temps - to his settings. Same thing when I walk up to the driver's side after Shrek's been driving.  

From what I gathered, James' selling point is simply to retail his cars for just about the lowest he's willing to part with them. It saves time and haggling over the final cost, which I appreciate. He does accept trade-ins and gave me what I thought was fair (per KBB) for my Honda. It also happened to be a great deal more than what Steven's Creek Infiniti was willing to give me, and their cars were priced a good $5000 above James'... for the same vehicles! I'm incredibly happy with this purchase, especially considering that I managed to close this deal just before CA's state sales tax and vehicle registration increased. 

James at Axiom Auto Group helped to make my first car-buying experience very pleasant and I am only happy to send business his way. 

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow