Friday, June 19, 2009

Hello, I'm a Mac.

Revisiting a post from last October 2008 just because it's one of my best buys ever. I can honestly say I am still loving my purchase! It's definitely holding its own in terms of power and performance. It rarely gets a break -- I use it daily at work and at home and can't remember the last time I shut it down. Is that bad? Well, I haven't experienced lagging or a problem yet, so I guess it's alright. Although, I think it's almost time to go in and collect my free battery, but just because it's "free." (Mentioned below.)

new laptop!


...and it glows! :D

after weeks of research (seriously, this was the 4th weekend in a row i'd visited best buy and the apple store specifically to look at laptops) i finally made a purchase--and i love it! as you can see, it's not the new macbook which i was lusting after. instead, i "settled" for the "old" 15.4" macbook pro. experts aka sales promised me that as long as i wasn't a gamer (i'm not) or did serious design imaging (i don't), i wouldn't notice a difference.

this is such a dramatic upgrade from my just 4 year old fujitsu, it's amaaaazing! right now i have safari, iphoto, itunes and ical all running as i transfer all of my music and photos files over while update my calendars with alerts and it's not lagging at all. i never could've done this with my old comp!

i think i made a smart move, too, by getting my new laptop financed through best buy instead of buying it from an apple store. best buy has a no interest for 18 months, same as cash card that i put the total on. that means instead of just paying it off in like, 2 payments + interest, i can leave money in my savings account to earn interest (and not have to starve myself in order to pay for it--ha!) while making monthly payments of about $100 interest free. quite reasonable!

i also got a good 3-year warranty that includes any accidents and parts (i guess batteries for this baby run $250!?) so the warranty practically pays for itself when i--and i will--go in to pick up a second battery in a year.

thank you, shrek, for being so patient and understanding today as i play with my new toy. :)

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow