Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Home, James!"

Brilliant. Especially if these are the actual guys who pick you up to chauffeur your drunk ass home. Well, the one on the left, anyways. 





I came across Home James in Chelsea Handler's Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea in which she utilizes their services to get home after a vodka-fueled night out on the town. 

The concept is creative and even honorable. From what I gather from Chelsea's brief description and the Home James website, the L.A.-based company is chauffeur-oriented with a twist. In addition to the usual airport pickups and drop-offs (in your own car, may I add), they are on-call to take drunks off the road. Give them a ring-a-ling and they show up wherever your car is, pop a folding scooter in your trunk, drive your drunk ass home in the comfort of your own car, and then hop on their scooters to, as Chelsea puts it, "hightail it back to headquarters." She also adds that it's a great way to avoid Jack in the Box since they charge extra to stop for fast food. 

...You're home in one piece, you didn't cause unnecessary bodily harm to an innocent bystander along the way, and your car is in the driveway when you wake up. Your waistline doesn't suffer more than necessary and you benefitted the wilting economy. Looks like everybody wins!

Tell me, have you tried this service? (I couldn't come up with any reviews online.) Would you utilize this service if it was available in your area or just cab it the entire night? I guess it really depends on if you're progressing or staying in one spot. All the same, I'm curious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

why would you be interested??

Unknown said...

touche to your dad!! it's funny how we seem to have the same taste in books and movies....

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow