Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New 'Do

Got a new haircut to start off the new decade.




Unfortunately, I'm also saying goodbye to my $15 haircuts. I am now sheepishly hooked on Aveda's stylists, products, and their tea. Hot tea is served after you don a little protective kimono and while you wait for your stylist. You also receive a little "complimentary" relaxing head and neck massage each visit. I've been twice now to get my hair cut in the past two months. The first time I saw Jaime, an "Advanced" stylist who whipped my hair into shape in no time at all for $60. Seriously, she is so good that after my shampoo and conditioning she just held my hair up, snipped a little here, a little there, and voila! I was on my way with my new 'do and product.



More recently I needed a little touchup trim. As much as I like Jaime, I decided against paying for an Advanced stylist, so I requested a $40 Intern and they set my up with Kaila. "I think you'll really like her," the receptionist told me as I made my appointment over the phone. She was absolutely right.

Kaila was personable while not too chatty (perfect balance) and attentive. After asking what look I was going for, she made it happen. Fast. Which made me believe she knows what she's doing. And for $20 less than what Jaime charges.

Upon my departure, Kaila gave me three -$10 off my next haircut or color. I think I will drag Shrek there for his next haircut. I don't think he will put up too much of a fight. I've already got him hooked on Aveda's men's products. And tea. I brought some tea bags to take home with me.




For more on Aveda's products and services and stylist levels, visit their online shop or brochure.

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow