Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Amazon.com for the Win

The idea for the new year is to shop less and spend more time outdoors or with my nose in a book. I figure since a good chunk of change went towards my wardrobe last year, this practice would naturally allow me to pad my savings account and maybe put a little more towards my monthly car payments.

A few days after my resolution hike, I spent a good hour browsing my local Borders. I walked out with no more than three books. I could've done a lot more damage, but my grand total for those three alone? A whopping $61 for 1 hardcover and 2 paperbacks. I realize I've purchased footwear for up to six times that, but I wear them practically every day, so broken down over time the cost is pennies per wear. I rarely ever read books a second go around, so they're stuck at face value. I realize utilizing the library would be abundantly more economical, but most times they are out of copies since I'm a bore and read the popular top-selling stuff. Obviously, I need to start reading more classics....

Later that night I ended up scoping out prices on Amazon.com and the prices were consistently and significantly less. So much so that I was able to repurchase each that I'd purchased at Borders in addition to another hardcover and save twenty bucks in the process. Well, kinda. I took it and went to Happy Hour at the Village California Bistro and Wine Bar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmmmm..........would you enjoy a world without bookstores???

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow