Saturday, January 2, 2010

Exquisite

I think I was flipping through Entertainment Weekly Magazine at the gym when I came across this photo of January Jones in character as Mad Men's Betty Draper.



I watch the show on Netflix and Season 3 isn't yet available, so I didn't recognize her in this dramatic shift away from her usual sweet pastel palette and rosy red lips (see below). I had to read the caption to realize it was Betty Draper vamping it up. I am just that used to her prim and proper exquisite attire from Seasons 1 and 2...









I absolutely love the costumes in this show and watching them evolve with each year and season. If that LBD is any indication of what Season 3 brings, I can't wait to see more! I realize I could just go to my local library or Google.com to look up 1963 fashion - Mad Men is just that accurate - but I'd much rather see it modeled on Betty, Joan, and Peggy. Hurry up and release the dvd, already, AMC!

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!