Sunday, August 16, 2009

La Piece de Resistance

On a complete fluke I was able to pick up the final piece to complete my Calvin Klein bedding collection, a feat I had altogether dismissed due to the ridiculous price tag. $315 for a coverlet?! (Also known as a light blanket.)

Last weekend I was at Macys Home when a sales associate saw me wistfully admiring the coverlet. When she approached I inquired how much it was since I noticed the collection was on sale. (Although when is Macys ever not having a sale?) "It's on sale for eighty-five dollars." 

!!! I immediately said I'd take it.

However, when we got to the register it rung up for $249.99 - what I could only guess was the actual sales price (and which I later confirmed online). On a whim I asked if I could have the price she quoted me. Without hesitating she agreed and adjusted the price. To boot she accepted my -15% coupon. After swiping my Macys card, I skipped out of the store with a $315 blanket for $80. 

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow