Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In-N-Out, Here I Come

I wrote this negative review of Santana Row's The Counter about a year ago and haven't been back since. Was thinking maybe I should give it another go-round since it was primarily the service which turned me off and this can change in a year. (I am big on eating out for the experience as much as I am for the food!) Although, the food was a bit bland for my taste and for the price, something like $36 for burgers and fries! In recent weeks, however, I've rekindled a love for In-N-Out's Double-Double, so I don't think I'll be back to The Counter anytime soon. 

For those of you who don't know what a Double-Double is: 

1. You're missing out.
2. Imagine: 2 patties, 2 slices of cheese served with the freshest ingredients you can get on a burger. (See photo.) I think it retails for like three bucks, but I didn't really pay attentions since we ended up winning 4 FREE In-N-Out burger coupons for our section being the loudest at a recent Earthquakes' (soccer) game.


For a "fast food" chain, In-N-Out takes a bit long. I think we waited about 10 minutes from the time we ordered to to the time we picked it up, but I don't mind because all of the ingredients are FRESH. Also, the restaurant is spotless. At least, the location by AMC 20 was when I was there. While waiting for my number to be called, I observed that directly after diners upped and left their table, an In-N-Out employee would pop by and give everything a thorough wipe down and sweep under the table before waiting customers had a chance to sit down. 

I think I'll go back and use my remaining 2 coupons today. Last time we got 2 Double-Doubles, fries, and a shake for $3 total - nice!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoa.............better than Mickey D's?? Just joking

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow