Monday, August 3, 2009

Fresh and Easy Cucumber Salad

I recently whipped this up and shared it as a side at Shrek's parents' home on a warm summer day and, mmm, was it a hit! Cool, crisp, and although sweet, it has a little bite to it due to the jalapenos I add.

Ingredients:*
2 cucumbers, washed and sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 Jalapenos, sliced
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
1 cup White Sugar
1 1/2 cup water Water
2 TBS Jalapeno juice (from jar)


*Please note that all ingredient measurements are approximate as I don't actually measure any thing out. I'm more of a pour straight from the bottle and mix after everything is added kind of girl. Therefore, I recommend altering the ingredients and corresponding measurements to suit taste and serving size. The way I introduce it above serves about 4.

For all the slicing I use my Cuisinart Food Processor. It makes the salad a breeze to make! The sliced cucumbers, red onion, and jalapenos go into a bowl or tupperware. Drizzle vegetable oil, cider, vinegar and jalapeno juice. Add sugar liberally and then water. Stir and I recommend letting it sit in the fridge for a good 4 hours before serving.

Voila!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great especially since Allison has a zillion cucumbers and is off fighting forest fires...we keep finding cucumbers on our doorstep::))

I'd cut the sugar a bit, but I think I'll try this one. Might add carrots for more crunch.

MindyKnows said...

It is a bit shocking how much sugar goes into this, but look at your raspberry jam........!

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow