Thursday, October 9, 2008

Two-Tone Halloween

i fell in love with this "courtier marie" costume after trying it on at a local seasonal store. only problem? it's marked $65! i'm totally cheap and when it comes to chintzy purchases and wasn't willing to pay that amount for something i'd only wear once, maybe once a year. plus, if you want it to be a kick ass costume (which i do), it requires the wig, stockings, shoes, and ruffled petticoat - none of which is included for that price. fortunately i had enough sense to check online and found the exact costume for $24!! also found a -10% checkout coupon and i rationalized that with all my "savings" i could afford the $14 petticoat and $13 wig (already have stockings and shoes). and, yes, now i'm back to $65 with s+h. well, at least i've got the entire costume for that price and not just the half-dress :P by the way, i make a lousy blond, so i got a gray renaissance wig with a spider tangled in it! i'm so stoked to put it all together!


i realize i mentioned a princess leia costume in the last post. my original thought was to complement shrek's han solo costume, but the one my friend lent me is totally nunnish (see immediate left) and perfect for the office but not so for my friend's halloween party later that night. shrek's reaction to me ditching leia for marie? "good thing it's sexy!" ;) although he later skyped me this alternative, seen below. my response? such a cliche!


No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow