Tuesday, October 14, 2008

is it daylight savings yet?

shrek and i have switched our workouts to the a.m. to counter our lack of motivation after work. we were doing so well the past two weeks, last week even waking before our 53o alarm! we were seeing results, too. shrek lost 5 lbs like that (snaps) and i think i toned up a bit. i don't weigh myself but various body parts feel tighter which i attribute to my new approach to working out. before i had a full-time job i use to have the "luxury" of working out for 1.5 hours at a time. (about 50 of cardio + 40 mins of weights and stretching.) now, especially with the new morning routine, i try to get in and get out of the gym in 45 mins tops. this means maximizing those minutes by doing everything at higher levels of intensity--like running faster and on a higher incline--and on an empty stomach. in the past, functioning without at least a little something in my system was out of the question. i remember i'd get so hungry i wouldn't be able to focus and i'd poop out. but i think that had something to do with a faster metabolism and eating sugar at night which breaks down faster than complex carbs and proteins. i've since switched my sweets to after lunch and shrek and i ate at 8 tonight (shrimp scampi sauteed in beer and wine, yum!). so now i'm good with a bowl of cereal + a multivitamin when i get home and before work. (and yes, i've read those articles, too, about not eating after 7 pm :X )

oooh, i majorly digressed.

when 530 rolled around today? (we took monday off since we made it sat and sun!) i kid you not, it was actually painful. even after almost 9 hours of sleep! (yes, do the math and make fun of me.) well, it was painful for me, at least. shrek hopped right out of bed but i rolled around and let my snooze go off a few times before i finally dragged my sorry butt out of it. in short, i'm really looking forward to daylight savings.

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow