Friday, December 12, 2008

i'm here! really

okay, my last post certainly wasn't as long ago as some of you led me to believe.  but, yes, i admit i'm pushing a month without posting.  my apologies, but i've been swamped at work.  our company downsized about 25% a month ago which led to my new position as "office manager" and taking over the office duties of 4 of the people who left.  now, instead of running around town as a personal assistant i'm tied to my desk and sedentary for 9 hours straight. (i often just take my lunch at my desk.)  

before the change i relished coming home and unwinding by putting my feet up, surfing the internet and vegging out.  now with this new desk position the last thing i want to do is look at a computer or even watch tv.  really. this means i'm also out of the loop at the water cooler now.  everyone was buzzing about the moroccan chrismas episode on the office last night and i had to gracefully bow out of the conversation because i didn't want them to spoil the episode for me since i usually catch up on shows over the weekend whilst waiting for my laundry to complete.  

however, a surprising twist came with this transition: it's GREAT MOTIVATION to work out in the morning.  when my alarm clock goes off now, all i have to do is think about sitting at my desk for 9 hours straight and i'm up!  i'm actually back in my size 27s and they are LOOSE!  i think last year at this time my 28s were snug :X  partially due to all the companies we do business with sending us sweets.  with the shitty economy we got a lot of e-cards this year, which my hips certainly don't mind!

 

No comments:

About MindyKnows

My photo
I'm a girl constantly on the hunt for top quality, stellar customer service, and fun when it comes to shopping and eating out. The more affordable, the better. Though, you will quickly see that indulging in handbags - Hello, Louis! - and food - Hello, Foodie! - is a weakness of mine. Yes, posts will primarily pertain to the Bay Area as this is where I currently call "Home." However, I am no stranger to travel so visit often to read up on my finds and to chime in on your faves!

Blogs I Follow